Ryder Roo is 8 months old and going places! Our baby gates are out! He is moving all over!
Let's see, what has Ryder been up to, in the last month.
- Sitting up on his own
- He reaches out his arms for you to pick him up. I love this.
- He got his first two teeth. His bottom two teeth and they are sharp.
- Ryder loves to clap. It's so cute!
- Crawling and he is fast
- Starting to pull himself up on things he can get a good grip on
- First Fourth of July and first time staying at our cabin on Flathead Lake.
- First time swimming in Flathead Lake. Ryder loves the water!
- First Parade. Bigfork on the Fourth of July.
- He loves to play with paper and magazines. We have to keep books with paper pages away from him or he will destroy them.
- Shoplifting. Better be the first and last time! Ryder is my little troublemaker. We were in the mall and I was pushing him in his stroller, I was looking at some clothes and he pulled a shirt off a hanger without me realizing it. Luckily, I stopped just outside the store and found it, so I ran back in and hung it up. And thankfully it didn't have a sensor on it, because Ryder left the store with it.
Before we got out our baby gates he was crawling over to the entertainment center and opening the drawers, sliding the doors open and getting a little too close to the fireplace. He pulls open the drawers in his dresser, pulls over his garbage can, pulls the books off shelves. Ryder is definitely attracted to the things in the room, where he can get into the most trouble. We need to make sure we are keeping our cabinets locked, because he will be trying to get into them soon.
Sleeping - He takes two 15 minutes naps. That's not enough sleep Ryder! It makes it very difficult for me to get anything done. I've tried letting him cry it out, but he rarely goes back to sleep. He goes to bed at 7:30 and often wakes up 15 or 20 minutes later. We've started letting him cry it out at night when he wakes up so soon after going down. After he falls back asleep he is usually only up once before getting up around 7:15. The last two nights, he hasn't woken up right after going down, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it continues.
It is getting harder and harder to take his pictures, he doesn't stay still for more than a second. Enjoy the pictures from Ryder's eight month photo shoot.
|I'm outta here|
|Tan little legs|
|This one makes me laugh. He was watching his brother :)|
Happy Champagne Thursday!