How to remove candle wax from a glass jar and re-purpose
1. After you have burned all you can from the candle, put the jar in the freezer for a couple hours or longer
2. Remove from freezer and the wax should easily come out. I used a butter knife around the edges and was able to get the wax out in a few pieces, in about 30 seconds. I pried the wicks off the bottom with the butter knife too.
3. Remove the labels. The labels from Bath and Body Works candles peel off very easily and I was able to get the big sticker on the bottom off with a little hot water. Just a little tip, don't put the cold jar into hot water, it could break from the extreme temperature change. I was able to remove all the labels within a few minutes.
4. Wash your jar. I always hand wash mine and put it through the dishwasher.
5. Fill with almost anything. The only thing I wouldn't recommend putting in there is food, just because of what was in there before. I filled mine with bath salts, q-tips, gauze pads and hair ties, bobby pins, etc.
I think the jars look pretty good on my bathroom shelf, don't you?
Happy Champagne Thursday!