I used the table that already had a coat of primer on it, to save me a little time. I drew the logo on top, with pencil, I used a ruler for the outside of the logo, then free-handed the rest. If I were to do it again, I wouldn't use a pencil. It takes quite a few coats of paint to cover up pencil. I painted the legs with my free sample of Valspar's Porcelain Red. It took about five coats. I used some other miscellaneous paints (picture below) I already had, for the blue, yellow and black. Outlining the logo in black was an after thought, it makes the logo pop. I think it was a good decision. To complete the project, I sprayed it with some Krylon Clear Protective Spray, in a satin finish.
This project set me back zero dollars. I love free projects! Parker is loving his new superhero table! He thinks its pretty cool.
Check out the superhero pillows I made for Parker's room here.
More Superhero projects coming soon. Stay tuned.
Happy Champagne Thursday!