If you are ever in Maui, I highly recommend the Spa Grande at the Grand Wailea. It was AMAZING! Katie and I were lucky enough to visit the spa twice while we were in Maui last week. Not that I really have much to compare it to, but what set it apart from other spas was the Terme Wailea Hydrotherapy. One hour of the Hydrotherapy is complimentary with any spa treatment you purchase.
The Terme Wailea Hydrotherapy includes:
- Five different colored, aromatic salt baths (named after the different Hawaiian Islands).
- Maui Bath is a mélange of Wailea blue sea salts and Niu coconut oil which helps oxygenate and hydrate the skin, along with alleviates exhaustion and helps calm arthritis.
- Lanai Bath is a blend of green papaya sea salt with red ala’ea volcanic clay which helps exfoliate and renew the skin
- Oahu Bath contains a blend of bamboo green sea salt, Hawaii spirulina, organic seaweed powder and helps tighten the skin, reduces the appearance of cellulite and relieves fluid retention.
- Hawaii Bath is a blend of Kilauea black sea salt and vanilla orchids that promotes circulation, balance and stabilizes and soothes the central nervous system.
- Kauai bath based on lava red sea salt bonded with this extraordinary clay, then infused with organic passion flower powder is vitamin-rich and helps soothe and regenerate cells which alleviate anxiety and tension.
- Japanese Euro bath, cold water plunge and foot bath (where we shaved our legs, just because we could)
- Roman Hot tub and cold water plunge (freezing!)
- Cascading Waterfall Massages
- Swiss Jet Shower
- Loofah Body Scrub from your personal spa attendant, with a honey mango body polish
- Eucalyptus Steam Room
- Red Wood Sauna
The first day we went we enjoyed an hour of the hydrotherapy and then a massage. Time didn't allow us to try everything the first day, so we went back on Saturday, after we checked out of our condo and while the guys went golfing, for a relaxing two hour hydrotherapy session. We were able to relax and enjoy everything the Terme Hydrotherapy had to offer.
Another plus was we got to use their yummy smelling awaphui shampoo, coconut mango conditioner, shower gel, lotions, hair gel, hair spray, deodorant while we were getting ready. We had to try everything! Oh and the water pressure was perfect. I'm trying not to forget anything :)
Pretty sure our husbands were getting annoyed with us, because we were talking about it so much. But, then again, maybe they were just jealous they didn't get to come along.
Here's to hoping I can go back someday soon, because I'm not sure if any other spa will ever measure up.
Happy Champagne Thursday!
Information about the different salt baths were found here.