|Park & Ryde|
Alternatives for traditional Easter Baskets
I like using "baskets" that you can reuse for something else
- Folding Storage Bins or any bin or basket you can reuse for toy storage, etc.
- Dump Truck and fill the back of it with Easter goodies
- Bucket with toys for the sandbox
- Planter with seeds, little shovel and watering can
- Colorful Mixing Bowl with kids cookbook, measuring cups, wooden spoons, etc.
- New Lunch Box filled with goodies
- Suitcase - Perfect if you will be going on vacation this Summer or Spring Break - Fill it with a new outfit, book, sunglasses, etc.
The Easter baskets I put together are mostly geared towards nice weather and spending time outside.
- Summer Outfit
- Sandals or Water Shoes
- Bathing Suit
- Card Games
- Stuffed Animals
- Book or Magazine
- Hair Accessories
- Any sort of Ball
- Matchbox cars, trains
- Chalk - Crayola is my favorite
- Water Bottle or Sippy Cup
- Flash Cards
- Magnifying Glass
- Bug Catcher or Butterfly Net
- Beach Towel
- Baby Doll
- Instruments - Maracas, Harmonica, Tamborine, etc.
- Markers, Crayons, Coloring Books
- Outdoor Toys, Water Toys, Sandbox Toys
- Glow Sticks
- Dress Up Clothes
- Favorite Snack
- Nail Polish
- Magna Doodle - Ryder is getting one of these in his basket this year. We always have a magna doodle in the car and right now the boys fight over who gets to play with it in the car. So, soon they will both have one.
- Bath toys
- Rain Boots
I'm a fan of the dollar section at Target
Easter Egg Fillers
- Bouncy Balls
- Fruit Snacks
- Small boxes of Yogurt Covered Raisins
- Coupons - 'Stay up an extra 15 minutes', 'Go out for a treat', 'Go the the park', 'extra 15 minutes of tv'
- Legos - If you have one kid you are doing an Egg Hunt for, you could get a small Lego kit and split the pieces up between the eggs and include the directions or a picture of the what you are suppose to make with the pieces.
- Puzzle Pieces - Split up puzzle pieces between the eggs
- Small Cars
- Stamps- Ear Phones
- Mini Bottle of Bubbles
- Plastic Animals
- Hair Accessories
- Fun socks
- Bath Squirties
*Almost everything you put in an Easter Egg is a choking hazard
Happy Champagne Thursday!