I finally finished the buffet I had been working on! It took a lot longer than expected, but its done. Here are all the steps (at least I think its all of them)
1. Take hardware off
2. Remove doors and drawer
3. Sand buffet, it was pretty scratched up.
4. Wipe down
5. Fill any remaining divots or scratches with wood filler
6. Lightly sand
7. Wipe down one more time
9. 3 Coats of Valspar's Bistro White paint
10. 1 Coat of Minwax Polycrylic Protective Finish in a satin Finish
11. Another coat of paint, because the polycrylic gave the buffet a yellow tint, that I wasn't very happy about.
12. Bought and returned new hardware
13. Spray painted old hardware with Krylon brushed metallic spray paint in a satin nickel color.
14. Reinstall hardware and attach doors
15. Somewhere between all these steps my husband repaired the drawer. It was a little loose.
16. And in between most steps wait for paint to dry
17. Bring inside from the garage and give Chris back his parking spot.
Happy Champagne Thursday!