All I needed for this project was fabric, a screwdriver, scissors, staple gun, staples and Scotchgard. I've been wanting to reupholster something for a while now and I figured these chairs would be great for a first reupholstering project. It was a fairly straight forward project. Unscrew the seat, remove old fabric, cut new fabric to the correct size, begin stapling, make sure to pull the fabric tight while stapling, screw the seat back on the chair and then spray with Scotchgard. The only part that was a little difficult was getting the corners right.
Jo-Ann Fabrics was having an awesome President's Day Sale. I found some great, sage colored suede fabric that matches their dining room perfectly. The fabric was in the clearance section for $7 a yard, then all the clearance fabric was an additional 50% off, plus I had a 10% off coupon. I got 3 yards for less than $10! It was plenty of fabric to cover their six chairs, with left overs to cover an additional four chairs they have.
Very loved chairs that needed a little update
|Prepped to unscrew the seat|
|Staple gun ready|
|New fabric stapled on|
|Screwing the seat back on|
|I sprayed the fabric with a couple coats of Scotchgard to give it a little added protection|
|A little surprise for my parents when they got back|
An easy, inexpensive update!