|DIY Bar Cart|
I bought the cart at Harbor Freight Tools for a little over $30. It is currently on sale and then I had a coupon that they let me use on top of the sale. Score! I really liked the light gold color of my coat rack I painted last fall and still had a little paint left so I used what I had left and bought a couple more cans.
- 2 1/2 Cans Krylon Brushed Spray Paint Satin Nickel
- 1 Can of Rust-Oleum White Metal Primer
- 1 can of Rust-Oleum Clear Coat in a satin finish
- Two thin boards cut to 15.25" x 29" I had a guy a Lowes cut them for me, which saved me a lot of time.
- Tarp or something to lay down underneath the cart while you are painting
- Prime all pieces of cart
- Spray paint cart in color of choice
- Add top coat
- Paint boards
- Assemble cart - Because of the boards I added, I didn't quite go in the order suggested on the directions that came with the cart. I put the wheels on first, then placed the boards in the trays, added the sides and finally the handle.
I'm sure this could have been assembled quicker with two people, but I got it done on my own.
I love it and I used it for the first time the other night with my Bunco group, even though we ended up playing Cards Against Humanity instead.
Happy Champagne Thursday!